Automated checks on my PR have failed. Do you know what's wrong?
Please do the following:
- Click on the failed tests and check the log to see what's causing the errors.
- If it's related to connection timeout in downloading dependencies, please restart the CI jobs (which can be done by closing and reopening the PR)
- If it's some other reason, please tag someone on the core team for assistance.
The public petstore server returns status 500, can I run it locally?
Yes, please run the following commands (assuming you've docker installed):
docker pull swaggerapi/petstore docker run -d -e SWAGGER_HOST=http://petstore.swagger.io -e SWAGGER_BASE_PATH=/v2 -p 80:8080 swaggerapi/petstore docker ps -a
Then add the following to your local hosts table:
Who should I report a security vulnerability to?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and we'll follow up with you.
How can I rebase my PR on the latest master?
Please refer to http://rypress.com/tutorials/git/rebasing, or follow the steps below (assuming the branch for the PR is "fix_issue_9999"):
- git checkout master
- git pull upstream master (assuming
upstreamis pointing to the official repo)
- git checkout fix_issue_9999
- git rebase master
- Resolve merge conflicts, if any, and run "git commit -a"
- Rebase done (you may need to add --force when doing
upstream pointing to the official repo, please run
git remote add upstream https://github.com/openapitools/openapi-generator.git)
How can I update commits that are not linked to my Github account?
Please refer to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3042437/how-to-change-the-commit-author-for-one-specific-commit or you can simply add the email address in the commit as your secondary email address in your Github account.
Any useful git tips to share?
How can I submit a PR to fix bugs or make enhancements?
Visit https://github.com/openapitools/openapi-generator and then click on the "Fork" button in the upper right corner. Then in your local machine, run the following (assuming your github ID is "your_user_id")
- git clone https://github.com/your_user_id/openapi-generator.git
- cd openapi-generator
- git checkout -b fix_issue9999
- make changes
- git commit -a (you may need to use
git add filenameto add new files)
- git push origin fix_issue9999
- Visit https://github.com/openapitools/openapi-generator in your browser and click on the button to file a new PR based on fix_issue9999